#GIG001 was exciting and enlightening. We asked ourselves fundamental questions, because asking the right questions, gets us right answers and lead to quantum progress. Questions like who am I, where am I going, how do I get there, where do I start, when do I start, what will I be remembered for etc. We told ourselves the danger of not finding YOU IN YOU , which is that we end up Copying, Comparing and Competing. The subject is in exhaustible, feel free to send your questions, comments.
Here are few things we’d like you to think about as we look forward to the next edition of Monteeclairs Transformation G.I.G. (September), culled from Who Switched Off your Brain by Dr. Caroline Leaf.
Your mind is the most powerful thing in the universe after God.
- Free will and choice are real, spiritual, and scientific facts (Deut. 30:19).
- Your mind (soul) has one foot in the door of the spirit and one foot in the door of the body; you can change your brain with your mind and essentially renew your mind (Rom. 12:2).
- You can develop your spirit through choices you make in your mind to be led by the Holy Spirit (Gal. 2:20).
- Your body is not in control of your mind—your mind is in control of your body, and your mind is stronger than your body. Mind certainly isovermatter.
- You are not a victim of your biology.
- You cannot control the events and circumstances of life, but you can control your reaction to those events and circumstances (Matt. 7:13–14; Gal. 6:7–8).
- When you think, you build thoughts, and these become physical substances in your brain. “As he thinks in his heart, so is he” (Prov. 23:7).
- Good thinking = good choices = healthy thoughts;
toxic thinking = toxic choices = toxic thoughts (Deut. 30:19).
- You are designed to stand outside yourself and observe your own thinkingand change it(Rom. 12:2; 2 Cor. 10:5; Phil. 3:13–14).
- You are designed to recognize and choose the right things to think about (Josh. 24:15; Eccles. 7:29; Isa. 30:2).
- Each morning when you wake up, you have new baby nerve cells born inside your brain to use wisely as you remove bad thoughts and wire in new ones (Lam. 3:23).
This is called neurogenesis.
All this knowledge will help you realize these truths:
- Happiness comes from within and success follows—not the other way around.
- You can learn how to learn and deepen your intellect.
- You can overcome those learning issues.
- You can get the chaos in your mind under control.
- You don’t have to walk around in guilt and condemnation.
- If you wired those toxic thoughts in, you can wire them out.
- You have been designed for deep, intellectual thought (Ps. 139:14).
- You are wired for love, and fear is a learned and not a natural response (2 Tim. 1:7).
- You have the mind of Christ (1 Cor. 2:16).
- You are made in God’s image (Gen. 1:27).
- You don’t have to get stuck in bad habits; you can change them.
- You can overcome feelings of rejection and hurt.
- Forgiveness is not the battle you think it is.
- You don’t have to worry about things that are out of your control.
- You are not a victim of the things you shouldn’t be doing.
- You don’t have to fear that if a condition runs in your family that you are going to get it (for example, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, or depression).
- You can balance your over-thinking and over-analyzing mind.
- You can overcome and control depression and anxiety— some scientists are showing you can even control and overcome schizophrenia and OCD.
- You don’t have to keep digging into the past to get free from it.
- You can be happy and filled with peace regardless of your circumstances.
If you have nodded your head at even one of these, it is time for you to be set free in your mind to pursue all God has for you. Read on. It is time for you to Switch On Your Brain and find the keys to peak happiness, thinking, and health.
We love you. See you In September; Hope to hear from you soon.